The Village Hall stands opposite the St Katharine's Church in this delightful setting on the edge of Selwood Forest. It is the former village school and schoolteacher's house built c.1835 for £588 and is Grade II listed. It is currently owned by the Thynne Educational Foundation and run by a committee of management principally made up of villagers past and present.
The hall committee (charity number: 93691 formerly1040445) are in the process of raising funds to purchase the hall for the community. If you would like to help please get in touch.
It was extended in1989 to create a larger stage area and changing/meeting room It is famous for hosting the 'Woodlanders' Music Hall production during October. This is the longest running Music Hall in Somerset having started in 1977.
In the Spring there is a beautiful show of snowdrops and daffodils on the lane up to the hall which were planted in celebration of the Millennium. The hall is renowned for its highly popular Cream Teas available every Sunday in August.